Any HVAC professional will tell you that AC maintenance is worth it. It ensures your comfort, safety, and well-being. There are cost-benefits to consider as well. Here’s a closer look at why Elm Grove AC maintenance is worth the time and investment (in your contractor’s service plan).
How AC Maintenance Saves You Money
Initially, your air conditioner won’t need much service. All of its components are new. You’ll pay a monthly or annual fee for a maintenance plan. But after a couple of years, neglecting regular cleanings and inspections can result in corrosion and damage. For example, one customer has their evaporator coil cleaned, and after a few years it is okay, but the second customer is told the coil is corroding. On the next visit, it must be replaced, which can cost more than $1,000.
Air conditioner maintenance is worth it from a cost perspective in terms of:
- Preventing Breakdowns: Instead of gawking at a contractor’s emergency fee, you can have your AC maintained to spot early signs of trouble. Minor issues can be fixed before the unit needs a large-scale repair or before you need to make an emergency call to an HVAC company. hen a maintenance tech sees that your unit needs repairs, you can plan for them financially.
- A Longer Lasting System: You’ll probably spend at least $5,000 to replace a central air conditioning system.1 Imagine if you could put off this expense? Instead of needing a new AC after eight years, your well-maintained unit is still running at 15 years old.
- Improving Energy Efficiency: Changing an air filter significantly boosts efficiency by improving airflow and reducing the amount of dirt and dust in the system. Tightening a loose component, recharging refrigerant, and sealing any air leaks also have a big impact. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, regular maintenance can reduce heating and cooling costs by 5% to 10%.
- Reducing Repairs: Most AC repairs run between $100 and $650. You could spend $1,200, $1,500, or much more to fix a major component like a compressor or coil. And every time your AC needs to be fixed, you’ll be charged a service fee and also labor costs (licensed HVAC technicians may charge $65 to $150 per hour).
- Keeping Your Warranty: Manufacturer’s warranties usually require regular maintenance by a licensed professional. Neglecting routine AC inspections and tune-ups can void the warranty. Therefore, a preventable repair won’t be covered. You’ll have to pay the full cost to get your unit running again.
AC Maintenance Saves You Time
An AC technician can accommodate your schedule when you request service in the spring. If you have a problem during summer, you’ll have to wait for help to arrive. Aside from making things uncomfortable, an AC issue will disrupt sleep, family gatherings, plans outside of the home, or whatever you need to do.
Professional maintenance also makes it easier to care for the unit. The technician will take care of the deeper dirt and dust buildup. Performing small cleanings will be easier and quicker for you in between service calls.
Schedule Elm Grove AC Maintenance Today
Over the Moon provides high-quality AC maintenance in the Milwaukee area. We help prevent moving parts from wearing out and increase energy efficiency. Our technicians are trained to find and fix minor issues, so fewer repairs are needed. A tune-up improves airflow and makes sure your filters and ductwork are clean, so your system provides better temperature, humidity, and moisture control.
To schedule traditional or ductless AC maintenance, call (262) 240-6519 today.