Maintenance can improve your HVAC system’s efficiency, avoid breakdowns, and prolong the life of heating and cooling equipment. Following the advice of HVAC experts can save you stress and money and help you avoid system breakdowns… Knowing when to schedule HVAC service in Brookfield avoids any delays you may regret.
Service Your HVAC Twice a Year
Your heating and cooling system should be inspected and tuned twice a year, in both the spring and fall. Before the hot weather of summer begins, your air conditioner should be checked for any issues so any necessary repairs can be made. This will help to prevent a breakdown in the summer. Likewise, your furnace should be checked in the fall, before the cold of winter, so your home will stay safe and warm all season.
Why Schedule Maintenance Before the Season?
Many homeowners wonder why they should get their HVAC serviced before the hot and cold seasons. You may not use the AC or furnace for a couple more months, but here’s why you should schedule maintenance now:
- You can avoid the seasonal rush; by making an appointment as the heat or cold hits is always harder.
- An unexpected breakdown is likely to occur on a usually hot or chilly day.
- You’ll avoid the costs of repairs and emergency fees.
- Equipment will run more efficiently, saving you money over the entirety of the season.
- It’s less likely you’ll need to replace the system prematurely.
- Your home is guaranteed to be comfortable from the first day you turn the unit on.
Should I Prepare My HVAC for a Tune-Up?
Your HVAC technician will perform the tasks needed to service the equipment. You don’t want to make any mistakes that would void the warranty. Nonetheless, you should change the filter and look for holes and leaks in the coil. Regularly check for and clean debris around the outdoor unit as well.
Take note of any changes in your heating or cooling system’s performance. Your feedback can help a contractor look for and diagnose issues more quickly. Also, clear any clutter away from your HVAC equipment. It will be easier for a technician to move around and access major components.
What Will a Technician Do During a Routine Service Call?
Scheduling routine HVAC service in Brookfield allows a contractor to see how well your heating and cooling system is working. They’ll check the physical condition of the equipment and test airflow, electrical resistance, and how the system responds to the thermostat. Cleaning the coils, drain pan, and internal components are important for maintenance. The technician can also measure refrigerant pressure, test the safety controls, and look at how the motor is performing. Moving parts will be lubricated to reduce wear and tear from normal operation.
When Should I Move Up My HVAC Maintenance Visit?
If there aren’t any noticeable issues with your heating or cooling equipment, you can wait until it’s due for maintenance. But request service sooner if:
- Your home doesn’t reach the temperature your thermostat is set to.
- The temperature in one room is vastly different from that in another.
- The utility bill is much higher than at the same time last year.
- Your air conditioner does not blow cold air.
- There’s little or no heat when the furnace is running.
- You smell burning or musty odors from the system.
- Airflow is less than usual or the vents aren’t blowing at all.
- The system makes strange noises when it turns on or is running.
Call Over the Moon for HVAC Service in Brookfield
Over the Moon provides a full inspection of your air conditioner or furnace. We’ll assess your system for performance and efficiency issues and help keep it in top shape. Ensuring 100% customer satisfaction, we work quickly while not compromising on the quality of service. Our technicians are professionally trained and thoroughly screened and certified. Whether you need a furnace tune-up or an AC tune-up, reach out to Over the Moon by calling 262-240-6519 today.